Friday, August 14, 2009

Midnight Effects

An event has just occurred!

My desire before going to sleep tonight was to: 1) do a significant bit of reading from “Travels With Charley”, and 2) finish listening to the soft and searing folk(ish) album that arrived in the mail today, “29” by Ryan Adams, both of which 3) I would accomplish without wading too far into the depth of night. Like clockwork (literally), in rhythmic unison, 1) the bit of the Steinbeck I was studying came to a natural stopping point, 2) the final track on Adams’ album thumbed its’ quiet end, and 3) my clock beeped lightly to signify the striking of midnight.

It was a celestial domino effect that made me sigh with its pleasantness--though I suppose I've futilized it's perfect effect by staying up to talk about it.

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! What a lovely event! That's one of those things that's usually difficult to share with others in such a way that communicates its awesomeness, but you've managed to do it well here! This inspires me...maybe I'll try to find a way to share the bizarre occurranncce (I couldn't figure out how to spell that so I just doubled up ALL of the consonants) of "Liz Having an Unremovable Sequin from Her Skirt Stuck on Her Tongue During Sacrament Meeting Which Beckah Couldn't Help Remove." See, you've already inspired me to come up with a title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I don't think a better title has ever been devised... please write this event you speak of (which I've heard now numerous hilarious times)! The world must know! You are the only one who can save us!

    ReplyDelete